Research, development and system integration of micro- and nanosized physical, chemical, bioanalytical sensors and systems.
Fundamental research on:
- Sensing principles;
- Novel materials and nanostructures;
- Novel 3D fabrication techniques;
- Ion-solid interaction for supporting MEMS development.
Research and development of physical, chemical/biochemical sensors and integrated systems:
- R&D on micropellistor-type gas sensors, 3D force sensors, thermal sensors, gas flow sensors, using CMOS compatible and related techniques - MEMS.
- Development of novel microfluidic systems, their application in new fields of biochemistry - BioMEMS.
- Development of Si- and polymer based sensors for biomedical applications with special focus on neuroscience - NeuroMEMS.
- Synthesis and characterization of quasi-one-dimensional semiconducting nanostrucrures, semiconductor nanodevices, their integration into functional sensors, optoelectronic and photovoltaic devices - NEMS.
Modelling, structural and device characterizations:
- Electrical characterization;
- Thermo-mechanical characterization;
- Scanning Microprobes;
- Ion beam analysis;
- SEM, TEM, EDX;
- Spectroscopic Ellipsometry;
- Functional tests.
Operates the CMOS compatible Si technology line, unique in Hungary.